WELCOME TO ATHENS, ALABAMA
The City of Athens employs approximately 350 full-time employees engaged in police operations, fire operations, utilities, public works, recreation, city court functions, financial administration, and information technology. In addition, the City employees 80-100 part-time employees and seasonal temporary personnel.
The Human Resources Department provides a broad range of services to employees, Department Managers, the Mayor and the City Council. Services include but are not limited to:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and Practices
- Regulatory Compliance with various Federal and State laws
- Personnel Policy and Procedures Administration
- Benefits Administration
- Compensation Administration
- Position Classification Administration
- Alcohol and Drug Program Compliance and Administration
- Safety and Worker’s Compensation Programs
- Organizational Changes
- Training and Development
- Employee Relations
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, excluding City recognized holidays.
Department of Human Resources
Temporary City Hall at Athens Utility Building
1806 Wilkinson Street
Athens, Alabama 35612
To contact the DHR with the State of Alabama, please call 256-216-6380.
The City of Athens is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or in the provision of services.
Download and Print an Employment Application